Discover the rich selection for Spain's market and festival in Segovia, Spain.
The Segovian festival and market 3D Wire has selected a total of 41 short films from 23 countries for its competitions from every animation technique: 29 in the international competition and 12 in the national competition. The productions from 23 different countries will compete for the jury’s and the audience’s awards,
Spain (12 entries), France (5 entries), Netherlands and United Kingdom (3 entries), Germany and Uruguay (2 entries) are the most represented countries.
3D Wire Fest is the perfect opportunity to enjoy the best animation that is currently being produced around the world, José Luis Farias, event director.
A total of 12 works from directors like Luis Usón (Afterwork, co-production with Peru and Ecuador), Alejandro Jiménez and Bernardo González (Alleycats), Ana Pérez (Yellow), Alessandro Novelli (Contact), Genis Rigol, Pau Anglada and Marc Torices (Knockstrike), Mario Serrano (Mars Love), Fernando Pomares (Morning Cowboy), Silvia Carpizo (The Neverending Wall), Ben Fernández (The Stunt Manual) or the collective Ageda Kopla Taldea (Beti Bezperako Koplak); Marc Riba and Anna Solanas (Dead Horses) and Diego Porral (A Day in the Park).
- Drop by Drop. Alexandra Ramires, Laura Gonçalves Drop by Drop. Alexandra Ramires, Laura Gonçalves
- The Absence of Eddy Table. Rune Spaans, The Absence of Eddy Table. Rune Spaans,
- The Neverending Wall. Silvia Carpizo The Neverending Wall. Silvia Carpizo
- Poles Apart. Paloma Baeza Poles Apart. Paloma Baeza
- Cop Dog, Bill Plympton Cop Dog, Bill Plympton
- Manivald, Chintis Lundgren Manivald, Chintis Lundgren
- Dead Horses. Marc Riba, Anna Solanas Dead Horses. Marc Riba, Anna Solanas
- Golden Oldies. Daan Velsink, Joost Lieuwma Golden Oldies. Daan Velsink, Joost Lieuwma
- Contact. Alessandro Novelli Contact. Alessandro Novelli
The international selection includes 29 works from Europe, Asia and US, mixing both debut films and veterans like Bill Plympton (Cop Dog short), which compete for the audience and jury award.
The festival’s competitive section will take place in four sessions in La Cárcel_Espacio de Creación, that will be completed by a last screening of the Winners of 3D Wire, the two sessions for children Peque 3D Wire, one in La Cárcel and the other one in Sala Fundación Caja Segovia, and a screening of comedy short films at Bar Santana.
3DWire takes place 2-8 October 2017. The winning film of its 2017 edition will be pre-selected for the 2018 European Animation Awards.