The 22nd SICAF International Animated Film Festival hopes to not only preserve past traditions, but also discover with new, exciting trends within the animation industry. With that, the SICAF International Animated Film Festival (8.23-8.26 at Dongdaemun, Seoul) would like to open its call for entries. The festivals looks forward to participation in the following categories of the official competition: Feature, Short, Student, KID, Online & Commissioned, and Pilot.
Call for entries
Any frame by frame or computer assisted animation video or film made for the cinema, television and/or the internet may be entered. Eligible films should be works completed after January 1st, 2016.
1) Feature Films: Films with a running time of more than 40 minutes in length and/or films made for official cinematic release.
2) Short Films: Films with a running time of less than 40 minutes in length.
3) Student Films: Films produced by students with a running time of less than 40 minutes in length.
4) SICAF KID: Films made for children
a) Films for the ages of 3-6
b) Films for the ages of 7-12
5) SICAF Online & Commissioned: Online Videos or Promotional Videos using animation
a) Ads / Marketing Videos (Pilots, Music Videos, Game-related works, etc.)
b) Web series / web animation / moving toon
c) Works created for education, science, or for industrial use
6) SICAF Pilot: Pre-produced animated works before its official production.
There is no submission fee.