All the winners of the Short, TV and feature film pitches of the 2018 Annecy Festival.
- Arte France Prize: Tom CJ Brown for Christopher at Sea (Miyu Productions). The film will be pre-purchased o be broadcast on Court-Circuit, an Arte programme about short films. Christopher embarks on a transatlantic voyage as a passenger on a cargo ship. His hopes of finding out what lures so many men to sea sets him on a journey into solitude, fantasy, and obsession.
- Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Cinéma/Bourse des festivals Prize: Claire Sichez for Plans for Love. A financial partnership between Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Cinéma and the CNC providing 20,000 EUR for the production of an animated short film.
- Ciclic Prize: Tom CJ Brown for Christopher at Sea. 35,000 EUR and a 6-month animation residency in Vendôme.
- Folimage Prize: Anne-Sophie Gousset, Clément Ceard for Two Sisters. 8-12 month residency and support for a producer working on an animated short film projec
- Les Affranchis/Ville de Toulouse Prize: Armin Assadipour for Overloaded. A 2-3 week residency at Les Affranchis studio (in Toulouse, France) and a 2,000 EUR grant for a 2D animation project.
- NEF Animation Prize: David Stumpf, Michaela Mihalyiova for The End. A creativity grant and 1-month residency for an animated short film project at Fontevraud Abbey.
- SACD Prize: Lyonel Charmette for Vercors. Financial partnership up to 5,000 EUR for an animated short film project and invitation to the Annecy Festival for the winner.
- Open Workshop Prize: Sawako Kabuki for I’m Late. 2-6 month residency at The Animation Workshop (Viborg, Denmark) and a 3,000 EUR grant for an animated short film project.
Christopher at Sea
Ciclic Prize: Félix Dufour-Laperrière for Archipelago. 25,000 EUR and a 2-month animation residency in Vendôme. This prize is for a TV series/special and/or Interactive creations & Transmedia and/or feature film project. A semi-fictional documentary about Quebec and the real and imagined islands on the St. Lawrence River. It is an animated feature film for two narrators designed through freestyle drawing and precise language that describes and dreams of a territory and its inhabitants.
TV SERIES AND SPECIALS
Ciclic Prize: Eloic GIMENEZ for Lioncub and the Fireflies. 25,000 EUR and a 2-month animation residency in Vendôme. This prize is for a TV series/special and/or Interactive creations & Transmedia and/or feature film project.
Disney Channel Prize for a New Series: Isaac MOGAJANE for Junk Pilots. 5,000 EUR to help with development.
TitraFilm Prize: Françoise RUSCAK, Claire GRIMOND for Steam Cows. This covers post-production work on a TV series pilot (voice recording, recording studio, artistic direction of voices, sound design, sound editing, sound effects, 5.1 surround mixing, mastering). Excludes creative and technical teams.
France Télévisions New Writing Prize: Cécile ROUSSET, Benjamin SERERO for I Came with Just My Eyes. A development contract worth up to 3,000 EUR with a producer for an innovative animated or hybrid project that can be linear (unitary or a series – intended to be a digital and fictional creation by "Studio4"), in VR or AR.
Lioncub and the Fireflies
INTERACTIVE CREATIONS & TRANSMEDIA
Ina EXPERT Prize: Romain BONNIN, Mathieu BÉTARD for Griffon. credits for a training course worth 2,000 EUR for the creator of the selected project.
SACD "Interactive Creation" Prize: Thomas VILLEPOUX for Jailbirds. 2,000 EUR in creative support.
ANIMATION DU MONDE
Ciclic Prize: Roshanak ROSHAN pour Noon & Fabián GUAMANÍ ALDAZ for Ugamú. A 1-month animation residence in Vendôme, train ticket, accommodation and a day of coaching on a stage of the film production process with a professional in the animation industry.
Gulli Prize: Ingrid AGBO, Sacha PERRIN-BAYARD for The Tree of Palimpsest