|LUMEN Prize 2015 for Digital Art: Call for entries|
|Tuesday, 10 March 2015 15:47|
The Lumen Prize Exhibition, the global award and tour for digitally created art, opens its fourth call for entries on 9th March 2015.
Now in it's fourth year, The Lumen Prize Exhibition celebrates the very best art created digitally by artists around the world.
Its goal is to celebrate the power and potential of this exciting genre through an annual competition and global tour of works selected by an eminent panel of judges.
Artists may submit work made on electronic devices, such as smart phones, tablets, 3D printers and computers using apps, software or original coding. Each year, the winning works tour the world.
See hints and tips for moving image and interactive/3D works.
There are eight prizes to be won this year:
• $3000 for Lumen Prize Gold
• $2000 for Lumen Prize Silver
• $1000 for Lumen Prize Bronze
• $1000 for the Lumen Creative Coding Award recognising excellence in art that is originally coded by the artist.
• $1000 for the Lumen Immersive Environments Award recognising excellence in the creation of an environment for the viewer to enter either virtually or physically.
• $1000 for the Lumen Performance Award, in partnership with the Welsh National Opera, recognising excellence in work which incorporates sound and movement. The winner will receive a free mentoring session with the WNO.
• $750 for the Lumen Creative Still Award, recognising excellence in a still image.
• $250 for the Lumen Prize People's Choice Award - chosen by a public vote from the top 100 Works selected from the 2015 Lumen Online Gallery.
The Lumen Jury Panel will also select 25 works, including the 7 prize winners, to be part of a global exhibition tour that will visit Europe, US and Asia.
There is an entrance fee of US$45 and inlcudes submission of two works (a percentage of the submission fee goes to charity Peace Direct).
Register here. Submit till 8 June 2015.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 17:34|