For Animation Filmmakers:
For Animation and Film Festivals & Events Professionals
In the context of the Educational Platform DRAMA TALENT LAB, the International Film Festival in Drama organises a Pitching Lab Workshop to provide pitching techniques to directors / producers.
Young filmmakers and producers from all over the world will participate in training sessions and learn how to present a 5 minute pitch, for their project to producers and secure potential funding.
At the end of the workshop participants are given the opportunity to present their ideas during the Pitching Forum Session, to a group of experts, producers and festival directors. Members of the Forum Committee will quiz each participant after their presentation, asking them critical questions about their project. (5’ Q&A ). Participants are also given the opportunity to arrange individual meetings with potential financiers to help them raise funds for their project.
2021 Call for Entries
Young filmmakers and producers will participate in training sessions and learn how to present a project for a short film [no longer than 20’ for fiction and animation and no longer than 30 for documentary] to producers and secure potential funding.
On Friday 17th September a PITCHING FORUM will be held in order that the selected projects will be present to potential producers/funders. The presentations will take place before an audience and the directors will be asked to answer questions regarding their Project.
Α special screening will be held of the films that were completed and by ideas and scripts that were awarded or stood above previous pitching lab.
Awards: Cash Prizes, Contribution in the production & the development, post production facilities
The workshop will be conducted in English. The projects can be submitted either in Greek or in English (Drama Pitching Lab’ Conductor: BARBARA DUKAS)
Optional Submission Documents
Acceptance onto the Drama Pitch Lab program will be considered based on the quality, originality, and dramatic viability of the script, the applicant’s motivation for wishing to participate, and the overall quality and promise of the material submitted.
1. LAUGHTER CLUB, Llewellyn Michael Bates, Screenwriter & Producer – AUSTRALIA
2. BAJO EL ÁRBOL, Gisela Carbajal Rodríguez / Felix Klee, Screenwriter / Director – MEXICO / GERMANY
3. THE CAGE WITHIN A CAGE, Onur Kök, Director – TURKEY
4. ART, NUCLEAR ENERGY AND A LOVE OF BUGS, Friederike Lorenz, Screenwriter & Director – GERMANY
5. MY GRANDMOTHER’S SISTER, Eleni Kavouki / Maria Tzortzatou, Screenwriter / Director – GREECE
6. THE VERY BIZARRE STORY OF AN UNOFFICIAL FAMILY, Salamis Ayşegül Şentuğ / FehmiÖztürk, Screenwriter / Director – CYPRUS
7. SIPHONOPHORE, Samuel Sultana / Stephanie Sant, Screenwriter / Director – FRANCE / MALTA
8. MAGDALENA HAUZEN:DIE UNBEWEGLICHE ZEIT, Yannis Karpouzis, Screenwriter & Director – GREECE
9. A GENTLE MOTH, Eric Peh Ha, Screenwriter & Director – CHINA
10. HONEYMOON, Alkis Papastathopoulos, Screenwriter / Director – GREECE
11. THE WALKING WAY, Vangelis Liberopoulos, Screenwriter & Director GREECE
12. THE BLACK BOX, Christos Asteriou / Konstantinos Fragkoulis, Screenwriter & Director – GREECE
13. CLOUDY WATER, Iakovos Panagopoulos / Konstantinos Karakostas, Screenwriter / Director – GREECE
14. DEEP END, Vera Pirogova, Screenwriter / Director – RUSSIA
15. THE TENDER SHOP, Eirini Karagkiozidou, Screenwriter / Director – GREECE
– Finos Film PLA to Anngelica-Marie Eshesimua and Matthew Allen for the project “The Broken Key” (USA).
– Greek Film Center PLA to Marta Gonzalez De La Vega for the project “The Valdomeros” (Spain).
– Authorwave PLA prize for Post Production Services (DCP) by Authorwave. to Kaki Wong for the project “The Wild Child” (Hong-Kong/China).