An expanded, 6-day event inAthens, from 17-23 March, promises an exciting festival for all ani-philes.
The 6th Animfest has selected 146 films for its main international competition program, whereas 38 graduation films complete the competitive program.
22 Greek films vie for the prizes in the Greek section of Animfest.
However, more things are under way. A collection of animated films from Harvard University are also in the main program, as well as awarded films from the 6th China International Cartoon and Animation Festival (2010).
Saturday, 19 March will also be the day of the workshop "AUDIOVISUAL MEANS AND EDUCATION / The visualization of the narrative: From Eugene Trivizas to Logicomix".
European Animation Center and AKTO organize on Thursday 17 March (13:00-16:00, 11A Evelpidon str., Pedion Areos) a Masterclass by Spanish director and animator Sam (Samuel Orti Marti). The closing ceremony on March 23, features Renter by Jason Carpenter (Best short 2010), and the multi-awarded Zero by the Greek-Australian Christopher Kezelos.
Tickets cost 5 euros, and festival screenings take place in the Greek Film Archive (48. Iera Odos / Keramikos Metro Station / Tel.: 2103612946).
See the completed program at http://www.animationcenter.gr,
INTERNATIONAL SHORT COMPETITION
- Afroditi LITI, Assistant Professor in the Athens School of Fine Arts / Sculptor
- Alexander KAKAVAS, Writer / Producer / Director
- Antonis KOTZIAS, VFX supervisor of Yafka, 3D/post production studio
- Mohamed GHAZALA, PhD Animation Lecturer / Director of ASIFA Egypt
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT COMPETITION
- Dimitri PAPDOPOULOS, Animator / Illustrator
- Maria KONTOGIORGOU (Marik), Storyteller / Illustrator / Animator
- Ntinos GIOTIS, President of the Greek Scriptwriters Guild
- Aris MALANDRAKIS, Journalist
- Lina ROZI, PhD Assistant Professor in the University of Patras / Writter
- Dimitris PATRIKIOS, Animator / Director