La Guarimba is a film festival situated in the southern Italian region of Calabria with the aim of bringing the cinema back to the people and the people back to the cinema. We work with cinema and illustration using culture as a vehicle to promote our values of participatory democracy, integration, and accessibility.
2022 Call for Entries
The tenth edition of La Guarimba Film Festival will be held from 7th to 12th August 2022 in Amantea, Calabria, the wildest region of Italy.
Awards & Prizes
- Best Fiction Award (€800 + Trophy)
- Best Documentary Award (€800 + Trophy)
- Best Animation Award (€800 + Trophy)
- Best Experimental INSOMNIA Award (Trophy)
- Best La Grotta dei Piccoli Award (€300 + Trophy)
- Best Music Video (€300 + Trophy)
- Audience Award (Trophy)
- Nonnina Award (Trophy)
Terms and conditions
- All short films of any nationality and language can participate.
- All themes are allowed.
- The maximum length will be 30 minutes (including credits).
- Only those films produced after January 1st of 2020 will be accepted.
- All formats will be accepted.
- There are no limits to the number of entries a filmmaker may enter, but these have to be submitted separately.
- The festival will also accept films that already premiered in theatres, in other festivals or are available online.
2020 Selection Results