10 Animation Features for Anifilm, Edgar Dutka Gets Lifetime Achievement Award
- ZF Team
Find some of the highlights of the 2021 Anifilm International Festival of Animated Films in Liberec, Czech Republic.
- 10 animation films have been selected this year at the Anifilm Czech festival. From the iconic Polish director Mariusz Wilczyński Kill it and Leave This Town (Zabij to i wyjedź z tego miasta) to one of the animation feature highlights of the last yea, The Nose or the Conspiracy of Mavericks (Нос, или Заговор нетаких). by by the legendary Russian director Andrey Khrzhanovsky, there is material for everyone.
Everyone is also waiting for the new Czech puppet feature film for children Even Mice Belong in Heaven by Denisa Grimmová, Jan Bubeníček.
|Even Mice Belong In Heaven coverage|
The film will have a separate exhibition to open on 22nd June (festival opening) and will last until the end of 2021 (Liberec Chateau).
And there's another Czech puppet animation feature, A Colourful Dream (Barevný sen) by the acclaimed director Jan Balej starring humans and seagulls focuses on the issue of freedom.
The full line-up:
- A Colourful Dream Jan Balej Czech Republic
- Calamity Rémi Chayé France, Denmark
- Cryptozoo Dash Shaw United States
- Even Mice Belong in Heaven Denisa Grimmová, Jan Bubeníček Czech Republic, France, Poland, Slovakia
- Josep Aurel France, Belgium, Spain
- Kill It and Leave This Town Mariusz Wilczyński Poland
- Little Vampire Joann Sfar France
- My Favorite War Ilze Burkovska-Jacobsen Latvia, Norway
- The Nose or The Conspiracy of Mavericks Andrey Khrzhanovsky Russia
- Wolfwalkers Tomm Moore, Ross Stewart Ireland, Luxembourg, United Kingdom, United States
Anifilm’s Lifetime Achievement Award will be Presented to Edgar Dutka
This year, Anifilm decided to present its Lifetime Achievement Award to Professor Edgar Dutka, one of Anifilm’s regular visitors. He has played a vital role throughout the history of Czech animation and we can hardly imagine it without him. For a long time, he worked as a dramaturge in the Krátký film studios, he has written dozens of scripts for legendary films (e.g. The End of the Cube, The Club of the Laid Off), directed films himself and taught at the Film and TV School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague where he inspired many animators and historians focusing on animated film. Edgar Dutka is also an acclaimed writer and an important collaborator of Jiři Barta – together they are currently trying to bring the Golem to life.
|Golem by Jiři Barta at the Cartoon Movie 2021|
Anifilm festival takes place 22-27 June in Liberec, Czech Republic.